The Community Outreach Fund
MCB is as committed to serving our community as we are to delivering the highest caliber performance on stage. The Community Outreach Fund enables MCB to provide educational outreach programs for youth, the elderly, and the underserved at venues throughout our community.
Exclusive sponsorship opportunities and underwriting at a variety of levels are available to support:
- Free Tickets for local non-profit agencies who distribute them free-of-charge to underserved members of our community. MCB donates an average of $2,000 in tickets per performance to groups that serve the disabled, at-risk youth, and low-income families.
- Educational Programs for:
- Children. MCB is school touring qualified by the Missouri Arts Council and we perform frequently at local schools. Our company dancers engage students in discussions about dance, and our study guide links ballet and the arts to topics such as math, history, and science.
- Senior Citizens. At senior living homes throughout the area, MCB dancers perform and provide an interactive experience by teaching audience members dance positions and steps. Following the demonstration, they visit with the seniors, answering questions and offering insights into the life of a dance company.
- Free Performances. Throughout the year, MCB dancers perform in the community for free at events, including Artrageous Fridays, parades, City of Columbia and other public events at a variety of venues.